User Interface Software Developer
Third Space Learning is a rapidly growing ed-tech startup based in central London. Every week our dedicated trained tutors around the world use our platform to deliver 6000 maths lessons to UK primary children, dramatically improving their chances in life.
Our long term goal is to become a world leader in online education, and we have built close relationships with industry and academia to support this. We are seeking dedicated and creative software engineers who want to join us on this exciting journey.
You'd join a growing, diverse and friendly team of developers, learning experts and sales people. The role would involve working closely with our in-house software developers, Product Owner and wider team to ensure we strike the right balance between design, tech and schedules.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from more experienced developers and expand your skillset with the wide range of opportunities available.
Over time you'd have the chance to demonstrate the passion, technical competence and relentless attention to detail required to take a lead role in building our UI, while ensuring it is documented / shared with other developers.
- Knowledge of technology and processes to build consumer facing high quality interactive web services & applications
- Strong interest in design, usability and UI, coupled with a pragmatic approach to feature development
- Flexibility to work with a TDD/agile development process, with focus to align with long term product / design goals
- Able to proactively research and take pragmatic technical decisions (framework selection, refactoring etc)
Our current platform is built with Ruby/Rails, MySQL, JS, jQuery and WebRTC running on AWS - so knowledge / experience with those is appreciated. However we value enthusiasm, passion and ability to learn over very specific tech knowledge.
Bonus experience - nice to have
- Previous background or academic training in design (degree, work experience etc)
- Experience of mobile app development: iOS / Android / Cordvova
- CSS & layout frameworks: Sass, Less, Susy
- Experience/interest in building UIs for education and/or children
- Contribution to OS projects
- Join one of the fastest growing ed tech social enterprises
- Grow your career using advanced technologies evolving a high impact actively used product
- Friendly, diverse office in the centre of London’s tech hub, close to Spitalfields Market / Old Street roundabout
- Beanbags, social events and beers on Fridays - all the usual startup perks. Oh, we have an employee subscription with Perkbox which includes free tastecards, mobile phone insurance, discounts and other treats!
- 25 days holiday
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!