Paid Customer Operations Internship
A 3 month internship, including initial training, running from mid-April until mid-July.
In order to deliver one-to-one maths tutoring we have a platform that allows pupils in the UK to connect with our tutors across the world. Your main role is to ensure the smooth running of over 3,000 lessons every week. You’ll spend most of your time providing real-time customer support to our schools over the phone. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved with other projects, such as improving user experience, providing IT support or teaching schools how to use our platform.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
Communication with schools pre-session
- Ensuring schools have chosen lessons for each session and contacting them when they haven’t done so
- Solving any minor challenges schools may face while using the platform e.g. resetting passwords
- Phoning schools to confirm student absences
Real-time support during live sessions
- Troubleshooting with the teacher who is in the classroom with pupils if there are technical problems
- Speaking to tutor centres to discuss and solve any issues with lessons
- Updating the relevant Third Space team members in a timely manner
Writing daily session reports
- Compiling information from the day’s sessions e.g. student progress and student behaviour
One off projects
- Maintaining and dispatching necessary equipment to schools
- Supporting the team in setting-up a new school when they work with us for the first time
- Providing feedback to the product team in order to improve user experience
We’re looking for someone who genuinely enjoys providing customer service and feels comfortable working with computers – someone whose friends come to them for help to connect to the wireless when the laptop won’t seem to cooperate. A clear and confident manner on the phone is critical as you’ll be in contact with schools (students & teachers) and tutor centres throughout the day, especially to navigate through issues with individuals who aren't particularly tech-savvy or compliant. Finally, you’ll be an optimist by nature and maintain a positive attitude.
- Articulate and confident telephone manner
- Excellent communication and ability to build rapport
- Basic proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs
- Basic IT knowledge for troubleshooting
- Willingness to complete a DBS check
- Experience working in a customer service role
- Experience working in a school
- £20,000-£22,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
- Initial training and proactive ongoing support throughout the internship
- Work with a fun and ambitious team, passionate about building a tech start-up and having a social impact on the world
- Opportunity to grow your career in one of the fastest growing EdTech businesses in London
- Contacts in the Edtech / start-up ecosystem to help with finding a full-time role for the future (or there may be a full-time opportunity with us in the future)
- Monthly socials and beers (or soft drinks!) every Friday afternoon!
- Our office is in Spitalfields - an almost unbeatable location
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!